Inside Panels
One aspect I would really like to include on the inside panels would be the lyrics of other songs which some digipaks have which some don't. In my personal opinion, I prefer it when there are lyrics so I would like to try include them in my digipak although this might take the focus away from the images.
1. My favourite idea for the inside panels is the 'fairy tale objects' idea. Since our debut song "Her Name is Alice" focuses heavily on the theme of Alice in Wonderland - it would be a nice idea to have the album and so the digipak focus on fairy tales. For the inside panels, after looking at other example digipaks, I am thinking about taking pictures of objects relating to certain fairy tales such as Snow White and Cinderella, giving them a plain background or a black and white background and highlighting them in specific colours to make them stand out.
2. Another idea for the inside panels would be simply to have close-ups or mid-shots of the individual band members. I could change the colour on each of the band members as I saw in my research that this looked very professional and emphasized the band as the main focus. If this idea didn't work as I wanted it to I could experiment with different filters and effects to have a look and what would work best.
Outside Panels
1. When we were filming our music video we also took some images that we could think about using in our digipaks. With these images, one of my ideas was to use the image of the band with the instruments/in the wood on the front and the image of the band in the field on the back both of which leave the band as the main focus and also relate it to their debut song so people who had seen the video would recognise the locations.
2. Another idea would be to use the shot of the band in the wood on the front panel where they are 'posing' and looking serious and then on the back panel have an image of the band laughing after the powder paint had been thrown to show both sides of the band and that they are not always serious and mysterious.
3. I really like the idea of having the the band in the wood as the front cover but I might experiment with the band in the field as the front cover as well so i can make an equal judgement on what looks best. I could also, on the back panel, include the picture of the band and 'Alice' as it might be quite nice if she was the band's motif for a few songs. It is quite common for rock-metal groups, when they first start out to have a girl appear in a lot of their videos as a motif.
CD and Spare Panel
1. Since the band's debut song is Alice in Wonderland themed I thought it would be nice to include on the spare panel the tea cups or a deck of card or maybe just the location we filmed in, to relate it to the debut song. I wouldn't want Alice in Wonderland to just be the main theme of the album though so the spare panel would be a good place for it to go.
2. For the CD I have been thinking about a lot of ideas. One idea is to keep the CD very simplistic and maybe have one fairy tale object on it - one that isn't already included in the digipak. The simplistic idea can be really effective if done correctly.
3. Another idea I had was from inspired from my research and to maybe have the band's name repeating in the background however, this might go against their genre slightly, I would have to experiment some ideas.
4. A final idea I had was to get a close up of the lead singer or a shot of the band and use them on the CD. This isn't as commonly used as random objects/coloured backgrounds but it might be nice to try out and see how it looks.


No comments:
Post a Comment