1. An object I would really like to include in my digipak to fit with the theme of fairy tales/ children's stories is the glass slipper from Cinderella. Cinderella is very well known and so the slipper would be recognisable. As it is quite hard to find a blue glass slipper I could experiment with the effects on Photoshop to make a picture of one of my own shoes seem blue and more 'glass like.' I will probably take a photo of the shoe on it's own or of it on a foot to see which would look best.

Another possible shoe idea would be to have the red Dorothy shoes - either on their own or of someone tapping their heels together like in the story. I do own a pair of red shoes however they aren't glitter-y so I could experiment in Photoshop for that aspect. I will probably photograph them from the back and the side rather than the front.

2. Another fairy tale with an iconic symbol is Snow White. The poisoned apple is a big theme in Snow White and an apple with a bite mark could look really effective with the other objects especially if I emphasise the redness of the apple. If I use the red Dorothy shoes then I could colour the apple green so not everything is the same colour.

4. The red coat from Little Red Riding Hood is a very memorable object that can also look very mysterious which would fit with the genre of our band and of the 'darker fairy tale' theme for the album. The best thing to do when photographing the red coat would be to have someone wearing it and photograph them from the back to make it look more mysterious.

5. I would really like to include a tea set/tea cup in my digipak especially since the debut song focuses heavily on Alice in Wonderland. Whilst I could use this idea for the inside panels I could also include it on the back panel of my digipak or on the blank side since it is their 'main' song.

6. Another object I think would look quite effective in the digipak and would fit with the fairy tale theme is the red rose. This appears in one of my favourite fairy tales - Beauty and the Beast and is very recognisable as it is one of the main focuses in the film/ story. Although roses are more commonly coloured red I could change it so the rose is white which would make it 'darker and more mysterious' as if it had had the life taken out of it.

7. Fairies and magic wands are always associated with children's stories and fairy tales and so it might be quite nice to include a fairy wand in the digipak. However, I'm not sure what lyrics I would put over the top.
I will photograph the objects so that the lyrics can either go on top of the object or leave space for the lyrics to go next to the object. Depending on what object is on the panel I will put the lyrics of the song that relates to the object on that panel. For the background of the images I will either leave the background they came with or replace it with some other shots. I will probably make the background black and white and they try some other effects like maybe blurring it.
No comments:
Post a Comment